CAR ACCIDENT I PERSONAL INJURY: TBI Mild Traumatic Brain Injury from Rear End Collision. Head Injury From Rear End Accident
November 14, 2019
In the start of 2017 our 55-year-old Client was driving on Imperial Avenue, in San Diego, California when her 2011 Mercedes E-Class was violently struck from behind, causing the Neck-Pro Head Restraint to deploy upon impact. The negligent driver that rear-ended our client failed to look directly in front of her and failed to pay attention to surrounding traffic conditions. When the negligent driver rammed into the rear of the Mercedes, our Client’s head was jerked back forcefully into the headrest and then forward from the force of the impact.
Client Suffers a Permanent Traumatic Brain Injury
Right after the accident, our Client experienced head pain, nausea, felt dizzy, tired, and foggy. Hoping the trauma would resolve, our Client went home and attempted to sleep-off her injuries. Unable to sleep and finding herself in crippling pain, our Client rushed to the emergency room the following day. At the emergency she reported head pain, a headache, dizziness, and pain that radiated from her shoulders and neck down her spine into her back.
Relevant emergency room records indicated: “MVA head injury, numb stinging pressure sensation in head, pain under chin and jaw, upper back pain, amnesia.” In the review of systems: “Head Trauma (Adult) Immediate on set of any neck pain at time of injury … Yes. Head Trauma (Adult) Amnesia OR repetitive questioning …Yes.” Our Client’s diagnosis included: CLOSED HEAD INJURY and CONCUSSION,
Our client continued to experience neck and back pain as well as headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. She also had difficulty concentrating, remembering details and handling the day-to-day activities, all of which have adversely affected her work performance and job security in general. Over the last three years, she had numerous MRIs, neurological treatment and completed intensive brain injury rehabilitation.
Treatment for our Client’s traumatic brain injury has included extensive cognitive rehabilitation therapy, speech therapy and psychotherapy to learn coping skills to deal with her memory and concentration. Even with these treatments, our Client continues to suffer with the symptoms of a TBI.
Unfortunately, her brain damage is most likely permanent. Despite treatment, our Client’s current diagnoses includes: mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post-concussive syndrome both of which were caused by the 2017 rear-end collision.
Long-term conditions of traumatic brain injury include:
Additional articles discussing TBI and head trauma following a collision are linked below:
· CAR ACCIDENT I TBI – TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY SYMPTOMS – FATIGUE AND CHRONIC LOSS OF ENERGY FOLLOWING A CAR ACCIDENT: https://dianalegal.com/car-accident-i-tbi-traumatic-brain-injury-symptoms-fatigue-and-chronic-loss-of-energy-following-a-car-accident/
· TBI – TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY – 3 TYPES OF TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY: https://dianalegal.com/tbi-traumatic-brain-injury-3-types-of-traumatic-brain-injury/
· TBI – TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY – TBI LINKED TO HIGHER RISK OF PTSD, DEPRESSION: https://dianalegal.com/tbi-traumatic-brain-injury-tbi-linked-to-higher-risk-of-ptsd-depression/
· CAR CRASH – NAUSEA AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT? FEELING DIZZY AFTER AN ACCIDENT?https://dianalegal.com/car-crash-nausea-after-a-car-accident-feeling-dizzy-after-an-accident/
· CAR ACCIDENT – I HAVE INSOMNIA AFTER AN ACCIDENT: https://dianalegal.com/car-accident-i-have-insomnia-after-an-accident/
· CAR ACCIDENT – I HAVE HEADACHES AFTER AN ACCIDENT: https://dianalegal.com/car-accident-i-have-headaches-after-an-accident/
· CAR ACCIDENT – I HAVE MEMORY LOSS AFTER AN ACCIDENT: https://dianalegal.com/car-accident-i-have-memory-loss-after-an-accident/
If you sustained a head injury or were involved in a rear-end collision, you need an experienced TBI attorney. Call us today at 619-432-5145 for a free consultation with one of our experienced San Diego Traumatic Brain Injury attorneys