CAR ACCIDENT I PERSONAL INJURY I TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY I VERDICT: TBI Mild Traumatic Brain Injury from Rear End Collision $ 305,902 VERDICT
November 15, 2019
Traumatic brain injury also knows as TBI usually results from an external and violent blow or jolt to the head, causing a complex injury to the brain. The majority of all reported traumatic brain injuries result from an automobile accident. In these instances where a TBI is sustained, brain tissue is damaged by direct penetration, swelling or a lack of oxygen. The most serious traumatic brain injuries result in long-term complications or death. There are 3 types of traumatic brain injuries: Closed Head Injuries, Open Wound (Penetrating) Injuries, and Crushing Injuries.
Case Study: $305,902 – Traumatic Brain Injury: VERDICT: Plaintiff was stopped in traffic when she was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer. The collision knocked Plaintiff’s vehicle into the one in front of it. The vehicle damage was minor and no injury was reported at the scene. The plaintiff sought out care the next day for soft-tissue symptoms. Her injuries began to expand and she has since complained of a traumatic brain injury that has manifested as dizziness, memory loss and nausea. Plaintiff’s medical team identified a traumatic frontal lobe epilepsy that was linked to the crash.Defense contested that the Plaintiff didn’t lose consciousness at the scene and thus it was unlikely she sustained a brain injury. In a similar vein, the brain injury wasn’t identified until two years after the crash.
This case was tried for 16 days. The jury considered damages of $15,682 in past medicals plus $ 70,000 in future care. Past non-economic damages were $ 20,000 and future pain and suffering was rendered at $200,000. With no loss of income, the verdict totaled $305,902.
Additional articles discussing TBI and head trauma following a collision are linked below:
· CAR ACCIDENT I TBI – TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY SYMPTOMS – FATIGUE AND CHRONIC LOSS OF ENERGY FOLLOWING A CAR ACCIDENT: HTTPS://WWW.DIANALEGAL.COM/CAR-ACCIDENT-I-TBI-TRAUMATIC-BRAIN-INJURY-SYMPTOMS-FATIGUE-AND-CHRONIC-LOSS-OF-ENERGY-FOLLOWING-A-CAR-ACCIDENT/
· TBI – TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY – 3 TYPES OF TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY: https://dianalegal.com/tbi-traumatic-brain-injury-3-types-of-traumatic-brain-injury/
· TBI – TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY – TBI LINKED TO HIGHER RISK OF PTSD, DEPRESSION: https://dianalegal.com/tbi-traumatic-brain-injury-tbi-linked-to-higher-risk-of-ptsd-depression/
· CAR CRASH – NAUSEA AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT? FEELING DIZZY AFTER AN ACCIDENT?https://dianalegal.com/car-crash-nausea-after-a-car-accident-feeling-dizzy-after-an-accident/
· CAR ACCIDENT – I HAVE INSOMNIA AFTER AN ACCIDENT: https://dianalegal.com/car-accident-i-have-insomnia-after-an-accident/
· CAR ACCIDENT – I HAVE HEADACHES AFTER AN ACCIDENT: https://dianalegal.com/car-accident-i-have-headaches-after-an-accident/
· CAR ACCIDENT – I HAVE MEMORY LOSS AFTER AN ACCIDENT: https://dianalegal.com/car-accident-i-have-memory-loss-after-an-accident/
· CAR ACCIDENT I PERSONAL INJURY: TBI MILD TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY FROM REAR END COLLISION. HEAD INJURY FROM REAR END ACCIDENT: https://dianalegal.com/car-accident-i-personal-injury-tbi-mild-traumatic-brain-injury-from-rear-end-collision-head-injury-from-rear-end-accident/
If you sustained a head injury or were involved in a rear-end collision, you need an experienced TBI attorney. Call us today at 619-432-5145 for a free consultation with one of our experienced San Diego Traumatic Brain Injury attorneys.