CVS Pharmacies fill millions of prescriptions and employ numerous pharmacists each year. Devastatingly these CVS pharmacists make innumerable mistakes. CVS Pharmacy mistakes include:
– Dispersing Wrong Dosages
– Pharmacy Mislabeling Mistakes
– Dispersing Incorrect Medications
– Dispersing Wrong Medications
– Other Prescription Mistakes
While there are numerous CVS prescription mistakes, not all are actionable. A victim of a pharmacy mistake may only recover compensation for the resulting harm when there are quantifiable damages often ones with devastating consequences.
Pharmacies and pharmacists owe patients a duty of care to dispense drugs in a safe and diligent manner. This duty requires that pharmacist dispense the correct medications, the proper dosages and that the medication is dispersed to the correct patient. When there is a breach of that duty, it is necessary to hold the pharmacy accountable to compensate victims and bring about necessary changes to pharmacy’s policies and procedures.
Most common CVS Pharmacy Mistakes:
– CVS Pharmacy Overdose Mistakes — An overdose mistake could be the result of the if the dosage dispensed is incorrect.
– CVS Pharmacy Underdose Mistakes — A patient with a serious medical condition, receiving less than the required dose can be injured as a result of receiving a dangerously low dose.
– CVS Pharmacy Mistakes Resulting in Toxicity — Toxicity can result from an extremely high dosage of a filled prescription.
– Poisoning Resulting from CVS Pharmacy Mistakes — A patient can be poised if the prescription is not accurately filled.
– Death Resulting from CVS Pharmacy Mistakes — Most devastatingly a pharmacy mistake can result in the death of a patient. Although it is completely preventable, there are many deaths that are linked pharmacies and their mistake.
For additional information on CVS Pharmacy Mistakes, a link has been included below: https://dianalegal.com/protecting-your-family-from-prescription-errors/
If you have any questions or concerns as it relates CVS pharmacy mistakes we encourage you to reach out to one of our experienced Pharmacy Mistakes Attorneys at 619-432-5145.